Thursday 15 November 2012

Scarborough shoot


Scarborough shoot:


1.       I like this one because of the highlights in the pavement that are caused by the puddles, matches the tones in the sea so it is balanced
2.       Not a fan of this one, it’s boring and looks like the lamp-post is coming out of the guy’s head
3.       I think this picture is ok, when I took it I should have zoomed out a bit more so I would get a bit more in  the top half of the shelter
4.       I took this from my side so I would get a different perspective and so I wouldn’t be noticed. It’s not such a good picture, it’s a bit out of focus and I don’t like the composition.
5.       Same as No. 4
6.       Same as No. 4
7.       I wasn’t really thinking about street photography when I took this picture; I just thought it was a nice picture. I wish I had a wider lens when I took this picture because I was unable to get the whole of the bay into the frame.
8.       I quite like this picture but for some reason it’s really uneven. I can’t remember what I was thinking when I took the picture.
9.       Same as No. 7
10.   Would have been a nice picture but it’s too wonky
11.   Nice picture, I think it’s well composed but you can’t really call it street photography.
12.   Out of focus and not enough of the kid is in the frame
13.   The traffic was heavy and I mistimed the shot so I got too much car in the frame.
14.   I don’t know what I was doing when I took this picture because I had loads of time to take the picture and I decided to take the picture from my side which made it stupidly wonky
15.   Same as No. 14
16.   Rubbish
17.   I like this picture but I am bit far away from the people within the picture so it’s difficult to see their expression.
18.   Same as No. 17. I think this one’s better because the car’s gone.
19.   Motion blur because my shutter speed was too slow
20.   Rubbish composition, mistimed and I am too far away.
21.   It think this is my favourite picture, well composed and perfectly exposed
22.   I think it’s a decent picture which is exposed well throughout the picture. To improve the picture I need to move to the left so I the top of the lamppost isn’t in the window.
23.   This scene was really nice but I couldn’t capture it properly because I didn’t have a wide enough lens so I had to shoot it in portrait format. This meant I missed everything on the right hand side of the ally.
24.   Rubbish picture with nobody in it.
25.   Misfire

Printed Negs:

      I took this picture because when I first saw them they were all laughing which was nice to see because it was a wet and cold day. When I ended up lifting the camera to my eye the guy at the right of the group looked at me and gave me a look of disgust, so that was my queue to leave.  Looking at the picture now, I think it benefits the picture because it links you with the picture and it adds to the range of emotions of the picture. I think if I could take this picture again I would try to get the tops of the signs in because there was a lot of nice detail in them and its annoying to look at because when you try to read them to can’t because there are bits missing.

      I ended up going under the roof because I had to change my film and it was raining so I had no choice. I saw this picture as I started to move back up to the town centre but stopped to take it because it was a peaceful quiet looking scene which was weird because there were a lot of cars around that day, so I got a bit luck with the timing. I decide to position the guy in the foreground right in the corner because I wanted a large open space to emphasize the quietness of the scene.





No comments:

Post a Comment