Friday 9 November 2012

Newcastle trip 2

Newcastle trip 2




    1.       I won’t use this image because there isn’t enough range of tones so it would look flat if I enlarged it
    2.       Same as 2
    3.       Under exposed. It’s also uneven because I shot the picture with the camera above my head
    4.       I like this one because of the low view point it’s taken from which makes a change from the usual things I do.   It has a nice range of tones throughout the picture.
    5.       For this one I tried to frame the picture with the guy and the girl on the right. I think it turned out well but the highlights in the picture are a marginally over exposed which slightly degrades it but I still like it.
    6.        I like this because it relates to the brief perfectly. However I am worried that the sky will be completely bleached out once it’s enlarged.
    7.       Rubbish composition and the people are too far away
    8.       All-round average picture
    9.       Interesting view point but the people are too small to be seen.
  10.   I like this picture because the shadows link the darker tones of the building on the other side of the river with the light tones of the pavement. To improve it I would need to tilt the camera up more to get the top of the lamp in the frame
  11.   Not relevant
  12.   Not relevant
  13.   Too far away from people and a poor composition
  14.   I took this one while the camera was by my side and you can tell because its mistimed and out of focus
  15.   This one was taken while the camera was above my head so I could get more of a bird’s eye view. I am pretty happy with it because there’s a good range of tones, decent focus and a good composition as I managed to get good portions of the bridges in the image whilst capturing faces and stalls
  16.   There’s no one in the picture
  17.   A bit over exposed with very little going on
  18.   Out of focus, poor timing and the guy’s too far away
  19.   Out of focus and the guy’s too far away
  20.   This is one of my favourites because it captures the expression on the guy’s face which reflects the characteristics of his music which was amusing but entertaining 
  21.   Don’t really like this; the cones are a bit in the way and there’s a lack of contrast in its tones   
  22.   Same as 21
  23.   Would have been nice to see more of their faces then I could have cropped into it.
  24.   Than cone is really annoying because you are instantly drawn to it
  25.   Misfire





I think this is my favourite print because his expression reminds me of the characteristics of his music which was weird but entertaining. I am particularly pleased with the way it’s printed. To get it this way I used positive contrast filters so the range of tones is intensified. I did this because it looked a bit flat in parts previously. If I was to take the picture again I would have zoomed in a bit more into his face because it’s the most important part of the picture.










I like this because the two people frame the edges of the print giving it at a usual look that you wouldn’t usually associate with street photography.  I noticed that it’s a bit out of focus which is due to the way I set the cameras focus ring. To be honest I couldn’t do much about it because the girl was walking much faster than the guy so I had to be quick to take the picture. Despite this I think it’s a decent picture.


 I think this is one of my better photos from this trip because of the view point taken which I hadn’t tried before. I think I am quite lucky because I am happy with the content in the frame which is difficult to control when the camera is above your head. However I think I set the contrast a bit too high because I am missing some of the midrange tones. This isn’t a difficult problem to fix If I want to uses this picture in a final set.

I like this one because of its deep contrasting tones that are balanced throughout the picture. I think the low view point that I took the picture from adds to the overall outcome because it connects you with the lady in the scooter, it makes you see the world from her level.












No comments:

Post a Comment