Sunday 4 November 2012

Analysis of my work so far and things that need to be done.


Analysis of my work so far and things that need to be done.

Looking at my work so far, I am pretty happy with results from the shoots I’ve done and I have my favourites:

  


 

 

I think these two look good because the way that I have taken the picture makes the people within them look alone due to large areas where there’s nothing organic. From a technical point of view they are some of my best because they were exposed well on the camera and the enlarger.
 


 

 

 

 
 
I think these two are also good pictures but for different reasons. I think these cause more of an emotional response when you look at them because they remind you of your youth with the fun and games, alongside the some of the more challenging tasks that vary from person to person

Considering that I will have to produce 5 good digital prints that have to relate in some way, I have a lot of work to do. I think that I will continue to shoot in these two styles amongst others so I have a greater body of work to deal with. To get the quantity I need I will revisit Newcastle because there’s a lot it has to offer, there’s the millennium bridge which is a nice backdrop and there’s sometimes an outdoor market, the Sage and the Baltic. I’m also considering going to another seaside town because I enjoyed shooting at Redcar, it provided a different sort of people i.e. tourists and local fisherman which could make for an interesting picture because of their contrasts.  

 

 

Analysis of research so far.   

At this point I have 5 pieces of research from 3 different sources. I have gathered inspirational images from different photographers and I have learnt that applying rules from other genres is completely fine as long as the meaning from the scene comes through. Now I have done this research I would like to include more children within my pictures because they are generally more active so they tend to be better subject matter. I think this is a good idea because some of my best pictures have included children, which is proven because 3 out of 4 best images so far have kids within them, So if I can get a few more I should have enough for a final design. The works that the photographers have done with children in are some of their best work in my opinion so I will try to shoot in their style, in particular Rene Burri.

No comments:

Post a Comment