Thursday 15 November 2012

Design Ideas


Design Ideas:

Now I have finish my research into street photography I have enough images to create some more design ideas. I decided to take a different route with the pictures I wanted to take after starting the the second part of my research, which differs from what I said in the analysis page I made before my initial designs. These pictures contain groups of people rather than children. I decided to change my mind because the locations that I traveled to were always crowded.

I decided to group these pictures together because they all contain the interaction of families and friends which covers the brief, and all the images used are among my best pictures. I think to improve this design I could change the top picture because the only people who are interacting are the people in the background and the focus isn’t on them. I think I would change this picture to the image where the kids are playing on their bikes in Redcar because they were talking and messing about, interacting, all the time I was there. I think the long layout suits this design because I’m happy enough that the pictures within it are good enough to be seen on their own, so in a way it benefits the pictures because you’re forced to look at them for longer.












For this set I wanted to show the parts of a market day in Newcastle because they show interaction in different ways. I think the images work well together because they show the different aspects of a market day, i.e. the walking around, viewing things and then buying. They also share the same tonal range and the tones are balanced throughout the whole set in the positions the pictures are placed in. I don’t know how I could improve this set because I believe these were my best pictures from the market and they were arranged in the most balanced way.








When I grouped these pictures together I wanted show all the different viewpoints that I had used throughout the project. I quite like it because it’s unusual and not your typical street work. I think it demonstrated that I can work in different ways with success and that I am willing to take up unusual positions to get the right picture. I think that I need to increase the contrast in the image in the top right corner so that the tones balance with the others in the set. I don’t think that these images are linked well enough to be used as a final set because I think it should be more about the subject matter than the view point.  










I grouped these pictures together as they all give off the feeling of isolation and loneliness which I think is my best theme so far. I think that the images on the right work the best in the group and the ones on the left less so because their tones are different and they stand out from the rest. I think that I could over exposes the images slightly so they are more similar to the others.   












I am satisfied with the design ideas that I have come up with so far because they cover a balanced range of themes and they all use my best images so I haven’t had to substitute an average photograph to complete a theme correctly. After thinking a little more about my first idea in the post, I probably won’t use the kids on bike image to replace the top picture because it doesn't have the same look at as the other four, it looks like it take in lots of open space whereas the other four are in built up areas. Despite this think it’s my best idea of the post, and it’s not that much of a problem because the original idea has grown on me.  

Now I have almost 10 ideas I have to narrow them down to 4 of my best and decide from there which one I should use as the final set.








No comments:

Post a Comment