Thursday 15 November 2012

Durham and Scarborough

Durham and Scarborough:

    1.       I took this picture from my side so I could get the picture from the scooter guy’s level but I’m not happy with the image
    2.       Rubbish composition because I mistimed the picture
    3.       Probably won’t use this picture because I think the guy on the right dominates the picture
    4.       Too uneven
    5.       Out of focus and a poor composition
    6.       I’m not going to use this one because the brief said street not milk photography!
    7.       I don’t want a dog in my sets
    8.       Same as No. 7
    9.       I like this one because the double yellow lines lead you up to the couple walking on the road, and the pavement on the right leads you up to the guy walking into his house
  10.   Even though the person in the picture is really faraway, I like it because the whole composition is simple   
  11.   Too uneven
  12.   Not going to use this one because I have a better version next
  13.   I like it because their  thoughts and emotions are clear to see ( the middle aged guy is thinking  ‘when will this day end, me mother in-law is a pain and why is some guy taking my picture.
  14.   I like the reflections in the water but the view point is too low
  15.   I took a lot of these pictures in Newcastle and don’t feel as though I am improving and therefore getting tired of them
  16.   This was a really nice scene and I have managed to wreck it so I won’t be using this one
  17.   I think it’s a half decent picture but there’s nobody in the frame
  18.   I think I was too low when I took the picture  
  19.   Would have been nice if the lady in the middle was turned around. I should have waited a bit longer around that area because they left shortly after I did so the picture I wanted would have been there.
  20.   If I could take this picture again I would have taken the picture straight on because it would match some of my other pictures and it would make a set
  21.   Would have been a nice picture but is out of focus
  22.   Under exposed
  23.   Misfire
  24.   The cars spoil the picture.
  25.   Out of focus

  
   Printed negs:

      I really like this picture because you can tell what the guy with the pram is thinking and you really feel sorry for him. It also reminds me of the times my grandma and grandad took my brother and I to Redcar at weekends and we would eat a large fish and chips with curry sauce when we were only 5 and 6. I think it’s good from a technical point of view because it’s well exposed throughout and there are several points of interest. 
   
   
   Good negatives I didn't print:
:
      I think this is a decent picture because there is lots  of detail in the cobbles and the large depth of field picks out the detail in the brick work of the church. I think this could be a useful picture because I have quite a lot of pictures of side streets and this could be used in a set idea. To improve this picture I needed to aim up a bit more so I would get the top of the church in and the telephone line pole in.





No comments:

Post a Comment