Friday 9 November 2012

Newcastle trip 2. Second film

Newcastle trip 2. Second film


        1.       Nice picture. The couple in the foreground are focused and exposed well but there’s someone’s head coming into the frame. I could try to crop her out but I would lose parts of the stalls on the side of the frame which is no good.
        2.       The people are completely blacked out and they don’t look good as silhouettes so it’s no good
        3.       I like this one because it’s taken from an interesting view point and well-focused considering that it was taken from my side.
        4.       Don’t like this one as much as the last, to improve it I needed to be standing more to the left and looking in the line of the books so I would capture people walking towards me
        5.       Out of focus, a bit too plain.
        6.       I needed to zoom in a bit more so I could see more of their expressions, however I like the dark sections of pavement that lead your eye up to the two guys
        7.       I think this is a slight improvement but I have lost the leading lines
        8.       This could have been a nice picture but the bridge is poking inside the picture which is annoying. To improve this I should have positioned myself better so that it wouldn’t have happened.
        9.       I really like this one because the hand rail frames the people within it nicely. It is well exposed and shows contrasting people.
      10.   I took the same picture again because I really liked it and I wanted to make sure that there wouldn’t be problems when I came to enlarging; for example with the focus. Because they are almost identical it’s hard to pick the best one but I have to so I would choose this one because the guy with camera is leaned over more which created a bit more contrast in his jacket, his head is lower so it doesn’t intrude the supporting bar on the security fence that’s in the background.
      11.   Don’t like it, it’s over crowded with no point of interest.
      12.   Don’t like it because the guy blends into the bus in the background, I didn’t get the guy’s shadow in to the frame which is annoying when you look at the picture.
      13.   I am not sure about this one because for some reason there is a lack of contrast which is fixable on the enlarger but it makes you wonder if there’s anything else wrong with it that you can see on the contact sheet.  
      14.   This one is annoying to look at because I missed the top of the bridge off, and I cut the top of the Sage off. To fix this I needed to be lower so I would get all the Sage in, then I would have to angle my camera up more to get top of the bridge in, while trying to maintain the look of the people in the picture.
      15.   Rubbish composition with lens fare.
      16.   Rubbish composition with lens fare.
      17.   I think this was a decent idea but it needed people in the foreground.
      18.   This could be nice if I cropped it a bit so the guys where central.
      19.   I like this one but it could have been better if I took the picture a bit quicker because the lady in the foreground was more to the left and the guy in front of her was more to the right so there was a gap between them.
      20.   This was more of an action shot but I prefer the previous one.
      21.   Not very good. I was too close to her so I can’t see anything in the right corner of the picture.
      22.   Same as No. 21
      23.   Not a bad picture but too far away from every one.
      24.   I quite like this one because it shows a range of people in the picture, I like the contrast in the wall and the lines in the pavement lead you up into the rest of the picture.
25. This picture needed more of the statue in it.

Printed pictures


 I decided to take this picture because it was weird to see people transfixed by a bridge moving. Even though from a technical point of view it’s a poor picture I think the fact the people in the picture are all doing the same thing makes it street photography because they are related in a way. I think if I stood a bit further to the left, it would make it a bit easier for the person looking at the picture to realise that the people are looking at the bridge so the point of the picture is translated easier.
 I don’t like this picture. Now I enlarged it, I am not so keen on it. I think it’s because the two people aren’t separated enough so it just looks like one ‘deformed’  person. This is more obvious to see now its enlarged compared to contact sheet format so I probably won’t use this picture in my final set
I like this one because the hand rail frames the people within the picture and I like how the angle of the sun creates shadows that balance the tones through the picture.
 Even though I pre-set the camera before I shot the picture I think I got pretty luck with the result because the picture is almost perfectly exposed through the Image and it’s well-focused. Even though you can’t see the guys face you can still tell a lot about him due to his clothes and the book stall he was looking at. I also like the prospective of the buildings and the framing of the stall which Is due to the angle I took the picture from.


I quite like this one because it shows people living their lives in different ways which is depicted in the way they act amongst each other. I think the angle I shot the picture from helps it because the lines in the path lead your eye up through the picture making you look at each of the groups one at a time. I also like how the light tones of the wall acts like a backdrop that the people stand out against.













No comments:

Post a Comment