Tuesday 23 October 2012

Redcar Trip 2


     1.       Not a fan of this one, there’s not a lot going on, not enough contrast in the surrounding area

     2.       This picture didn’t work out because I was to slow to focus the camera so the lady on the scooter came too close to the guy sat on the bench.

     3.       Really boring

     4.       The car intrudes into the composition so it distracts you from the couple  in the centre

     5.       Same as No. 4 and its slightly under exposed

     6.       The surrounding area is really over exposed and its pretty boring

     7.       I like this one even though it hasn’t got anything to do with street photography. To improve it I should probably have taken it later on in the day so there would be more contrast between the shadows and the highlights

8.       I like the detail in the sky in this picture but there very little going on in the foreground so I won’t be using this

9.       I like this one because he fell off shortly after I took the picture but it doesn’t comply with the brief

10.   I won’t use this one because there’s to much of the car in the mirror rather than the street  

11.   There’s no people in it so no

12.   Same as No. 11

13.   I like this one because it has the right amount of car and there’s a guy in the foreground and there’s a couple further down the street

14.   I think this one’s alright but the film has been damaged in the corner, I will have to see what it looks like ones its enlarged

15.   I t is my favourite picture on the film because the kids and the sky are well exposed and it relates to the brief
 
 
       Even though the negative for this turned out to be damaged it thought I would give it a try because the main part of the picture was relatively untouched. Looking at the finished print I think that it wasn’t the best idea because the real extent of the damage is clear to see.  
This was my favourite picture because I like how everything lays in the picture which is partly due to the low position I took it from and a bit of luck because the lads were using a lot of different obstacles all along the sea front and they happened to stay at the section I was at so I had enough time to get a decent picture. To improve it could have moved to the left a bit so the rear tire doesn’t have the bin directly behind it. I think this would be better because it’s worked well on the front tire.


I think the idea of shooting through a mirror is good because you can take pictures of people without them knowing so you get a perfectly natural shot. It’s probably easy to manipulate to any situation to make a more creative shot. I think this was a decent effort considering I hadn’t tried anything like this previously. To get a better shot I should have waited till there was someone walking in the mirror and someone outside the mirror so it had a crazy looking effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment