Tuesday 23 October 2012

Redcar, Hartlypool,Darlington,Grangetown


     1.       Won’t be using this picture. I should have been a lot closer to the people at the bus stop to capture their emotions

     2.        I thought it was a good location for a picture but I mucked it up because I didn’t wait long enough for a group of people to walk towards me

     3.       For this one I decided that a bus would add to it but the same problem remains

     4.       I think this one would have been alright but it’s out of focus

     5.       I like this one but the people within it are too small to be relevant to the picture so it hard to relate it to the theme

     6.       It’s not on a street so it’s not relevant

     7.       Same as No.6

     8.       This relates to the theme well and I like the composition so it’s certainly usable 

     9.       I like this one because it show what a farther and son work as a team which is nice

10.    Same as No.9 but I prefer the landscape format

11.   I like this one because it reminds me of me and my mate when were younger

12.   This one’s my favourite because it captures the enjoyment in the kids face and it’s a well taken action shot

13.   Misfire

14.   The people in the picture are too far away to be seen clearly and it’s pretty boring to look at

15.   Someone commandeered the camera

16.   This one is very similar to No.2 but there more people so I think it’s more successful

17.   I took this while the camera was hanging from my neck just to give it a try because I have seen some nice shots using this technique.

18.   Over exposed.
 
 


This picture was taken in Grangetown on the way home from Redcar while parked. I had seen this family walking along the street with rolls of carpet under their arms so I moved a bit further up and waited for them so I could take the picture. I am happy with the picture because I managed to get all four of them in the frame which was a struggle because the kid at the end kept stopping. I think to improve this picture, it needs more contrast to make the house whiter while keeping the kids’ clothes exposed correctly.



 
I think this is my favourite picture because it reminds me of my early days playing out on the street with my mates. I also like it because I think it’s well composed with the correct exposure so all the detail in the brick work is captured and the expressions on the kids’ faces are captured.

 
I chose to print this one because I love to photograph back streets because there’s always something interesting in them or something going on.   In this case there was a father and son fixing a car. I particularly like this one because the cobbles on each side of the road lead you into the focal point and the two metal bars frame it.

 

I am very happy with this picture because I had to react quickly to get the picture and it still came out with a decent exposure and focus. This picture was inspired by Rene Berri and his picture ' Children playing'  for this i tried to get close enough to capture their eemotions .

No comments:

Post a Comment