Sunday 14 October 2012

Red Carr






Unfortunately the film was exposed in some areas before I went out to shoot, so theres blank bits.
Really annoyed



     1. I probably won’t use this one because there was a problem with film, however I could crop into it to avoid the dark patches.

    2. I quite like this one because I like how the grass breaks up parts of the industrial background. However it isn’t really relevant to the brief

    3. I won’t be using this one because it’s a bit over exposed and it doesn’t really relate to the brief

 4. I like this one because it has a clean look to it which is due to the light shining equally on the van, so it doesn’t cast large shadows on its surface.

    5. I like this one because the large aperture draws you into the centre of the picture where the point of interest is. I also like how the fault on the film provides a soft graduation of tone from right to left

    6. I think I was a bit too far away from the guy for this picture and I miss timed the shot so the guy has almost walked past the light side of the building that I wanted to frame him in.

    7.  This one is way over exposed

    8. I like this one because the shadows fall perfectly on the pavement and its well exposed throughout

    9. For this one I tried to shoot this couple with the camera at my side because the guy was aware of my presence although I was trying to be discrete, but it didn’t work out because the picture turned was poor

10. Same as No. 9

11. For this one I managed to get a picture while he was looking away but It didn’t turn out to well when you look at it on the contact sheet but I think it will look better once its enlarged so I will give it a go

12. I think this would have been a decent picture but while I was walking to a position where I thought I could get the best shot, pretty much all of the guys walked back into the pub. But I look he picture any way

13. This is my favourite picture because it’s a very simple composition with one clear point of interest.

14. I don’t like this picture because it has relevance to the brief



      Out of the pictures that came out correctly, this is my favourite because of the situation at the time. Basically, pretty much all the streets on either side of the this one were busy with the obvious things but this one seemed dead with only me and this window cleaner which seemed strange. Because of this, I had plenty of time to find the right position to take the picture without the possible interruption of cars. In hindsight I wish I had waited a bit longer so I could get him on the ladder which I think would have created a more interesting shot.
       This is another one I like but it doesn’t really tie in with the theme of street photography. I like it because it reflects the significance of the area. The steel industry supports mainly working class housing and amenities in Redcar. I like it from a technical point of view as well because of its deep contrast between the grass, sky, and the industry in the background which acts as a middle ground between them.











Because some of the film was exposed before in went out, i decided to shoot an other film there hopefully with better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment